Dept. of Transportation and Development Announces Bid Results for Statewide Projects
Written by Mark Chreene on June 13, 2023
BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced today that 22 projects around the state received bids in May. Nineteen contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $217.3 million.
“With a nearly $220 million investment, this month has some major projects around the state that were let,” said DOTD Secretary Eric Kalivoda. “Most notably, there’s a major rehabilitation project that will start soon on I-20 in the Shreveport area. This much-needed improvement project is a critical investment in our state’s transportation system.”
Projects awarded and their apparent low bids are as follows:
Bridge Replacement and Repair:
- Replacement of Robinson Canal Bridge along LA 56 in Terrebonne Parish: $7,198,735.85
- Repairs to LA 58 movable bridges over Petit Caillou and Bayou Terrebonne in Terrebonne Parish: $419,800.00
- Repairs to movable bridges on LA 1, LA 182, LA 654, and LA 655 in Lafourche Parish: $559,887.00
- Grading, patching, paving, and drainage on I-20 between Pines Rd. and I-220 in Bossier and Caddo parishes: $117,656,250.15
- Grinding, patching, and paving on U.S. 90 between railroad and Pinhook Rd., and between LA 92 and LA 88 in Lafayette Parish: $21,061,887.58
- Grading, milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 5 between Thomas Rd. and LA 172 in DeSoto Parish: $15,363,381.20
- Grading, milling, patching, striping, and drainage on LA 78 between U.S. 190 and LA 1 in Pointe Coupee Parish: $5,765,213.53
- Milling, patching, and overlay on LA 1 between LA 1-X and LA 6 in Natchitoches Parish: $6,641,470.41
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 16 between Livingston Parish line and LA 63 in St. Helena Parish: $6,381,590.59
- Milling, patching, and paving on LA 64 between U.S. 61 and Barnett Rd. in East Baton Rouge Parish: $1,408,370.95
- Grading, milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 35 between north junction of LA 98 and LA 365 in Acadia Parish: $8,244,809.01
- Milling, patching, and overlay on LA 318 between U.S. 90 and LA 182 in St. Mary Parish: $1,839,965.02
Congestion Mitigation and Safety:
- Replacement or repair of damaged crash barriers statewide: $2,291,730.00
- “Complete streets” for pedestrian and bicycle safety along LA 52 between Blueberry Hill Ln. and Angus Dr. in St. Charles Parish: $10,954,325.39
- Replacement of existing interstate lighting system with energy-efficient alternatives on I-12 at U.S. 51B interchange in Tangipahoa Parish: $867,883.66
- Drainage improvements along I-10 and LA 352 in St. Martin Parish: $5,844,702.00
- Pedestrian signal, pavement markings, and sidewalks on U.S. 61 at N. Elm St. in Jefferson Parish: $284,707.50
- Raising of LA 46 at Florissant levee in St. Bernard Parish: $1,458,531.72
- Rumble strips, pavement markers, and striping on various routes in East Feliciana, Pointe Coupee, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana parishes: $1,175,198.58
- Sidewalks and ramps along U.S. 90Z in Jefferson Parish: $398,965.00
- Maintenance and operation of rest areas along I-10, I-55, and I-59 in St. Tammany and Tangipahoa parishes: $493,480.00
Projects rejected and their apparent low bids are as follows:
- Drydock for inspection, repairs, and painting of M/V DW Griffith: $942,527.00
When bids for projects are received, an “apparent low bidder” is identified, although the process of actually finalizing and awarding the contract takes about 30 days. Bid prices deemed outside of a certain range or exceeding the project budget typically trigger a more extensive evaluation. DOTD will continue to monitor increases in bid prices related to supply chain and workforce issues. After a review, DOTD may opt to have the project re-bid.
Construction projects are prioritized by road/bridge condition, urgency of improvements, type/volume of traffic, crash records, unforeseeable emergencies that caused damage, and several other factors.
For more information about these projects, please visit www.dotd.la.gov.