Webster School Board Wrap-Up: March 2023
Written by Mark Chreene on March 14, 2023
The regular monthly meeting of the Webster Parish School Board was called to order by Board President Charles Strong Monday evening.
The meeting began with a presentation by Rodney Taylor of Taylor and Sons to recognize the March Employee of the Month, Candice Miller, Special Ed Facilitator.
Board Members adopted a resolution that identifies completion of Continuing Learning Units by Webster Parish School Board Members in 2022.
The board also approved:
- For North Webster Junior High to take 200 students from the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades on a field trip to Medieval Times in Dallas, Texas. Departure will be 5:00 A.M. on April 28, 2023 and return at 10:00 P.M. Funding source will be Title I.
- Approval for students with significant disabilities from Minden High School and Doyline High School to visit Panola Orchard and Garden in De Berry, Texas on April 4, 2023. Funding source will be IDEA.
- Approval for two teachers and one administrator from Webster Junior High School to attend the Innovative School Summit March 30-April 3, 2023, in Orlando, Florida. Funding source Title I.
The Board then heard a presentation from district supervisors concerning the calendar for the 2023-2024 school year. 2 calendars were presented to board members. A calendar committee was formed with board members Margaret Edens, Jonathan Guthrie, and Jerry Lott serving on the committee. It was requested from board members that the two calendars be presented to parish staff to allow them to vote for the calendar of their choice. A vote from board members will come at a later date.
Approved expenditures by district that were approved were:
Request for Minden District 6 ½ cent Maintenance Fund:
- Consider approval to accept the proposal from Johnson Controls for cooling tower gear lube service at Minden High School for $3052.56. Funding source District 61?2 Cent Sales Tax. 12. Consider approval to ratify for payment invoice #1-127580471250 from Johnson Controls in the amount of $2058.64 to replace the ignition board and thermowell in boiler #2 at Minden High Funding source District 6 1?2 Cent Sales Tax Fund.
- Consider for approval the service agreement for chillers at Minden High School from Johnson Controls through April 30, 2023, invoice # 1-127435638701 in the amount of $7990.50. Funding source District 6 1?2 Cent Sales Tax Fund.
- Consider approval to accept proposal from Hodges Services, LLC for two ice machines with installation at Webster Junior High School for $13,134.98. Funding source District 6 1?2 Cent Sales Tax Fund.
Sarepta Maintenance Fund:
- Approval to accept the proposal from Christopher Bowers to pressure wash the visitor bleachers at the NWJH Football Stadium for $3500.00.
Doyline Maintenance Fund
- Consider approval to ratify for payment invoice #11004 from Mechanical Cooling Services in the amount of $4260.00 to replace the HVAC system evaporator coils in the kitchen area at Doyline High School. Funding source Doyline Maintenance Fund.
Shongaloo Maintenance Fund
- Ratify for payment invoice #7590817 from Southern Pipe in the amount of $5649.96 to replace a 100 gallon hot water heater at North Webster Lower Elementary.
The next meeting of the Webster Parish School Board will be held on Monday, April 3, 2023 at the Webster Parish School Board Office at 6:00 pm. The meetings are open to the public as required by law.