Webster Parish School Board October Meeting Recap
Written by Mark Chreene on October 5, 2021
Webster Parish School Board members met Monday evening for their monthly meeting. The meeting started with Rodney Taylor of Taylor and Sons recognizing Employee of the Month recipients for the months of September and October. September Employee of the Month was the Webster Parish School Board Accounting Department and the October Employee of the Month is Mrs. Casey Fields, Early Childhood Facilitator. Also approved:
- To contract with Yeager, Watson, and Associates, LLC for architectural and engineering services associated with athletic field improvements at Lakeside Junior-Senior High School.
- To contract with Pan American Engineers for topographic survey services associated with athletic field improvements at Lakeside Junior-Senior High School.
- Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire for fiscal year 2020-2021.
- Entering into collaborative partnership with Springhill Medical Center, Minden Medical Center, and USDA Telemedicine Grant Program to provide telehealth opportunities for students and staff in the Webster Parish School System.
- 2021-2022 Pupil Progression Plan
Board members spent some time discussing the options presented for the athletic directors, athletic coaches, and extra-curricular sponsors supplemental pay for the intercession weeks. Option one allows for staff to work 3 hours per day at a rate of $35.00 an hour with option two allowing staff to work four hours per day at a rate of $35.00 per hour. Option 2 was adopted with Board members Fred Evans, Linda Kinsey, JJ O’Neal, Ronnie Rhymes, Glenda Broughton, Jerry Lott, Penny Long, Margaret Edens, and Frankie Mitchell voting for and Board member Malachi Ridgell voting against. Board members Johnnye Kennon and Charles Strong were absent from the meeting.
Expenditures approved included:
Request for Doyline Maintenance Fund:
- Approval for Billy’s Industrial Cleaning to clean the carpet in the library and offices at Doyline High School for $1,025.00.
- Approval for Ad Sign Service to remove, repair, and replace the existing gym sign at Doyline High School for $2,060.00.
- Approval of Change Order #5 to the improvements to Doyline High School for $3,286.00 to add canopy over the new south side gym door.
Request for Consolidated 3 Maintenance Fund:
- Approval of proposals 4016, 4017, 4018, and 4019 from Homeland Safety Systems to improve the video surveillance camera system at Central Elementary. Total cost of the project is $75,426.72.
- Ratify approval of invoice #2405 from Belco Athletic Laundry Equipment for $5,500.00 for emergency dryer replacement at Lakeside Junior/Senior High School.
Request for Springhill Maintenance Fund:
- Ratify approval of invoice #152318 for Fitzerald Contractors for $2,681.96 to repair 2” water line leak at Brown Upper Elementary.
The next meeting of the School Board will be held on Monday, November 1st at 6:00 pm.