Webster Parish Police Jury–December Wrapup
Written by Mark Chreene on December 1, 2020
A number of board appointments highlighted the final meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury for 2020 on Tuesday.
Board Appointments included:
- Webster Parish Library Board of Control
- Reappointment of Laura Evans to a 5 year term expiring 12/31/2025
- Pine Country Education Center Board of Commissioners
- Appoint Lisa Balkom to 2 year term expiring 12/31/2022
- Reappoint Jim Bonsall to 2 year term expiring 12/31/2022
- Reappoint Col. Carl Thompson to a 2 year term expiring 12/31/2022
- Webster Parish Fire District #7
- Reappoint Gary Greene to 1 year term expiring 12/31/2022
- Reappoint Mickey Chandler to 2 year term expiring 12/31/2022
The Jury also approved:
- Appointment of Melinda Davidson as Director of Webster Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services for 2021
- Signature Resolution 015-2020, authorizing Melinda Davidson, Director of Office of Community Services to sign documents on behalf of the organization.
- Surplus assessment #112931 for sealed bid, to be included with prior approved adjudicated property listing.
- Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with City of Springhill for transfer of the vacant Springhill Library building at 217 North Main Street in Springhill and adjacent lots.
- Budget as presented for the operation of the North Louisiana Criminalistics Lab.
- Recreational Funding:
- District 1–$1,481 for NLEP for Economic Development
- District 2–$25.06 for assisting in funding laptop for Office of Community Services
- District 5–$504.02 for assisting in funding for laptop for Office of Community Services
- District 6–$324.11 to purchase lights for courthouse
- District 9–$1,375.50 for assisting in funding for Laptop for Office of Community Services
- District 9–$299.50–to purchase safety gear for Minden Fire Department
- District 10–$1,675 to purchase laptops for Office of Community Services
The next meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury will be next year, January 5, 2021.