November WPSB Meeting Wrap-Up
Written by Mark Chreene on November 3, 2020
The Webster Parish School Board met on Monday evening. The board approved:
- Two resolutions were adopted for the issuance and sale of Taxable General Obligation School Refunding Bonds, Series 2020 for District No. 6 and District No. 8.
- That all administrators’ budgeted travel to be approved in aggregate, effective July 1, 2020. The district will no longer submit to the board for individual travel overages. A recap of administrators’ travel will continue to be submitted to the board monthly.
- Letter of Recommendation from Architect Perry Watson of Bid opening for Job #2019-08 additions and alterations to E.S. Richardson Elementary School and J.L. Jones Elementary School in the amount of $3,145,000 to ELA Group, Inc from Shreveport, Louisiana with the project completed in 300 days.
- To amend the 2020-2021 school calendar beginning after the Thanksgiving Break. Students will begin going to school five days a week, except on the following Fridays: January 29, February 26, March 26, April 30, and June 4.
The following expenditures were approved by the Board:
Requests for Consolidated 3 Maintenance Fund
- Approval of Pepper Fence, LLC to replace existing fencing in several locations on the campus and to build a privacy fence around the garbage container at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $13,620.00.
- Approval for Hercules Ag. & Outdoor to install metal to the underside of the roof on the football press box at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $2,800.00.
- Approval to purchase one 100 gallon 199000BTU hot water heater for the football dressing room at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $3,850.66 from Southern Pipe and Supply.
- Ratify approval Invoice #1036551 from Diversifire for 5 POE Injectors for $625.00 to complete the intercom project at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School.
- Ratify approval of invoice #3691 from Mechanical Concepts for $2,107.85 for air conditioner repair at Central Elementary School.
Requests for Doyline Maintenance Fund
- Approval of service proposal #4336 from Mechanical Concepts to replace the evaporator coils and liquid line thermistor in the Doyline High School Library for $3,330.00.
- Approval for Dewey Siah Painting to clean the Doyline High School Gymnasium floor for $1,500.00.
- Approval to ratify Invoice #1036467 from Diversifire for intercom repair and service at Doyline High School in the amount of $2,300.00.
- Approval to ratify Invoices #3714 for $2,749.35; #3715 for $2,344.90; #3720 for $1,785.15; #3737 for $1,865.00; #3738 for $1,278.00 for air conditioner repair at Doyline High School by Mechanical Cooling Services for a total amount of $10,022.40.
Requests for District 6 1/2 Cent Sales Tax Fund
- Approval of planned service proposal from Johnson Controls for boiler maintenance at Minden High School. This agreement will provide maintenance and service for all five high efficiency gas fired boilers at Minden High School. Cost of service proposal is $12,141.38 for Year 1; $12.628.00 for Year 2; and $13,134.00 for Year 3. Total Contract Amount: $37,903.38.
- Approval to ratify invoice #1036399 from Diversifire for intercom repair and service at Webster Jr. High School in the amount of $798.93.
- Approval to ratify invoice #147715 from Fitzgerald Contractors, LLC for $5,977.46 for emergency gas leak repairs at Minden High School.
Request for Minden Building Fund
- Approval to ratify invoice #797464 in the amount of $683.77 from Altec Environmental for pre-construction asbestos sampling at J.L. Jones Elementary School.
Tagged as School Board WPSB