May WPSB Meeting Wrap-Up
Written by Mark Chreene on June 1, 2020
The Webster Parish School Board met Thursday evening.
A number of expenditures were approved:
District 6 ½ cent Sales Tax Fund:
- Hercules Ag and Outdoor to install six restroom barrier doors at Minden High School in the amount of $3,900.00.
- Purchase 60 LED light fixtures for Minden High School office and hallway areas from Elliott Electric in the amount of $2,985.00.
Doyline Maintenance Fund:
- Ratify approval of payment to Innovative Lawn Works, Invoice #1129 in the amount of $252.00 using Doyline Maintenance Fund.
- Approval of payment of $4,164.45 to United Automation for emergency repairs to the lightening damaged fire alarm to Doyline High School.
Consolidated 3 Maintenance Fund:
- Ratify approval for change proposal #010 for consideration to request an extension of the contract time by an additional 14 calendar days instead of 15 calendar days at Lakeside Junior/Senior High School.
- Ratify approval for change proposal number 011 for consideration of an additional $3,045.00 to be added to the contract total amount for the revision made to the chain-link fencing at Lakeside Junior/Senior High School.
- Ratify approval for Final Change Order Summary—Proposal for consideration of a summary of the final change order based on the contractor’s submitted change order proposals at Lakeside Junior/Senior High School for the baseball and softball parking addition.
- Ratify approval for Substantial Completion Review—Proposal for Consideration of a “punch list” of items requiring completion and/or corrective action on this project at Lakeside Junior/Senior High School.
- Lakeside Junior/Senior High School to purchase eight tables and 32 chairs from Virco in the amount of $1,619.20.
- Lakeside Junior/Senior High School to purchase an ActivPanel Titanium 70 Promethean Board from AXI Education Solutions in the amount of $2,903.17.
- To accept the low quote from BLJJ Roofing of $22965 to reroof the elementary wing at Central Elementary School.
Request for Springhill Lease Fund:
- Ratify approval of payment to Turf and Landscape Solutions, LLC for the athletic field’s lawn maintenance in the amount of $6,200 using Springhill Lease Fund ($1,500 per quarter).
The board also approved to advertise for bids for a public works project for parking log and driveway improvements at Central Elementary School and Lakeside Junior/Senior High.
During Superintendent’s comments, Superintendent Johnny Rowland told the board that the Central office is looking at all options on the return to school to start the 2020-21 school year. Rowland said that while they want to have as close to normal of a start next year, things will not be the same as they were when we left for Spring Break in March.
Rowland also said that the former Webster Federal Credit Union located on the Webster Jr. High property was now vacant with the merger with Carter Federal Credit Union. Rowland said that he has been contacted by several groups interested in the building, but would need board approval and direction on how to handle the property. The biggest issue at hand was no one is sure who owns the building, other than it is located on school board property. Rowland asked for permission from the board to contact Paul Kitchens to do a title search on the building to find out who the building does belong to.
The next meeting of the Webster Parish School Board is set for Monday, June 15th.