WPPJ Holds Monthly Meeting
Written by Mark Chreene on May 6, 2020
The Webster Parish Police Jury held its monthly meeting on Tuesday morning. The meeting was again by teleconference, with some members choosing to meet at the Courthouse Annex and some calling in to the meeting. Among the items addressed by the Jury included:
- Approving Video Poker/Alcohol Sales Permit for Bonnie & Clyde Café and Convenience Store LLC
- Approved budget amendments ending April 30, 2020
- Ratified action per Stay at Home Order-will continue to follow the Governor’s mandates and orders of the court. State of Louisiana Executive Department Proclamation Numbers 33,37, and 41 JBE 2020.
- Approve action of Road Committee including:
- Village of Doyline-Installation of Culverts for citizens 2020
- Town of Cullen-load of cold mix and SBII stone for their stockpile, Municipality funding (pending paper work)
- Approved financial statement, bank reconciliation, and check register for March 2020
- Presented financial statement, bank reconciliation, and check register for April 2020 to be approved at the June meeting.
- Approved annual Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire for 2019 audit.
- Approved several board appointments: Webster Parish Communications District
- Reappointed Billy Dorsey and Kip Mourad to 4 year terms
- Appointed Hank Haynes to replace Steve Cropper (Law Enforcement) to 4-year term
- Appointed Ray Brown to replace Kerry McBride (Medical Services) to a 4-year term.
During comments the Jury heard from Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Director Brian Williams, who reported that the current Covid 19 report shows 92 cases with 4 deaths. Williams said after filtering due to patients from other parishes on our list and duplicate cases, there are 54 positive cases and 4 deaths as of Tuesday. Williams said if you take off cases of people who are no longer positive, there are about 15 currently testing positive in the parish.
The next scheuduled meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury is set for Tuesday, June 2nd.