WPPJ Meeting Wrap-Up: February 2020
Written by Mark Chreene on February 6, 2020
The Webster Parish Police Jury held their monthly meeting on Tuesday. It was a rather routine meeting for the Police Jury as they quickly moved through the short agenda. Among the items approved by the jury included:
- Calling for a public hearing at the March 3rd meeting to hear comments on the abandonment of Wren Road and Nitro Chip Road.
- Resolution 004-2020, appointing Nick Cox on the Region 1 Steering Committee for the State of Louisiana Watershed Initiative.
- Recreational funding for Dubberly Water System to clean up well site after a recent storm in the amount of $1,086; and Village of Heflin for repairs to the Civic Center in the amount of $1,500.
- Reappointed Tim Mouser to Webster Parish Fire Protection District 9 board to a 2-year term and appointed Sharyn Stanley as Secretary-Treasurer for a term of 2 years.
- Approved a bid for FEMA phase IV Road Improvements to Cross Keys Construction upon legal review in the amount of $219,033.
Among the comments heard by the jury included a report from the Coroner’s office that reported 53 deaths, 31 OPCs (Order of Protective Custody) and 9 CECs (Coroner Emergency Certificate) in January. Deputy Coroner Christie Cox stated that was the most deaths in a month that she had seen in 12 years with the office.
The next meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury is scheduled for Tuesday, March 3rd at the new meeting time of 11 am at the Webster Parish Annex building.
Tagged as Police Jury WPPJ