I-20 Lane Closures In Webster and Bossier Parishes Over Next Couple Of Weeks
Written by Mark Chreene on November 1, 2022
Several lane closures are expected over the next couple of days along the I-20 corridor between Webster and Bossier Parishes as announced by Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.
- Wednesday, November 2nd and Thursday, November 3, 2022, the right (outside) lane on I-20 westbound from just east of the LA 782 (Industrial Drive) interchange to the LA 72 (Old Minden Rd) overpass in Bossier Parish will be closed. This lane closure is scheduled to take place from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day, and is necessary to allow crews to perform roadway maintenance.
- Nighttime ramp closures are scheduled as part of ongoing work related to the I-20/I-220 Barksdale Air Force Base Interchange project in Bossier Parish:
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.: I-20 eastbound to I-220 westbound ramp – Closure is necessary to place new striping on the ramp.
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: I-220 eastbound to I-20 eastbound ramp – Closure is necessary to place new striping on the ramp.
- Monday, November 7th to to Wednesday, November 9th from 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. nightly: I-20 westbound to I-220 westbound ramp – Rolling road block for 15 minutes at a time assisted by law enforcement for placement of new striping.
- The entire project is anticipated to wrap up in late 2022, weather permitting.
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022, the right lane on I-20 eastbound from the LA 532 interchange in Webster Parish to the Bienville Parish line will be closed. This lane closure is scheduled to take place from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and is necessary to allow crews to retrieve core samples from the roadway for testing.
DOTD appreciates your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution through the construction site and be on the lookout for work crews and their equipment.