Calendar Changes Approved at Webster Parish School Board Meeting
Written by Mark Chreene on August 2, 2022
Members of the Webster Parish School Board unanimously voted to make changes to the 2022 – 2023 Academic Calendar. Changes made are:
- Schools closed on November 8 for Federal Election
- Winter Intersession changed from two weeks to one week. Winter Intersession will be held February 20 – 24 with students returning on February 27, 2023.
- Students last day of school will be May 31, 2023
- Teachers last day of school will be June 1, 2023
(See Updated Calendar Here)
Board members approved:
- Mrs. Stacy Edwards, teacher at Minden High School, to offer an out-of-state field trip for Minden High Students. The trip will be managed through EF Educational Tours with Mrs. Stacy Edwards and other Webster Parish School teachers as chaperones. The trip will be to Washington D.C. on April 10 – 14, 2023, which is during the Spring Intersession. All cost, including transportation, airplane tickets, lodging, food, museum tickets, etc. will be paid for by the families of the student participants.
- Bid in the amount of $112,625.00 from Flowers Baking Bread for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Bid in the amount of $286,627.00 from Hiland Dairy for milk products for the 2022-2023 school year.
- The 2022-2023 Webster Parish Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- The 2022-2023 Webster Parish Homeless Policies and Procedures
- The low bid for the Browning Elementary School alterations from Block Builders, LLC using ESSER Funds in the amount of $753,000.
- Accept Substantial Completion for the Synthetic Turf Football Field for Lakeside/Junior Senior High School as per recommendations of Yeager Watson and Associates.
- Don M. Barron was awarded a bid for the new Minden High School softball field. The bid was for the amount of $3,376,500. This bid includes construction of batting cages.
- To adopt a resolution for a special election of the Webster Parish School Board to be held on March 25, 2023 to fill the seat of Frankie Mitchell.
District Expenditures approved were:
Request for Consolidated District 3 Maintenance Fund:
- Ratify for payment on invoice S-9045 from Mechanical Concepts to replace 2 air conditioner compressors and inverter boards at Central Elementary School for $16,728.29.
Cotton Valley Maintenance Fund
- Purchase 100 chairs and desks from Virco Inc. for $13,358.00 per Louisiana State Contract for North Webster Upper Elementary School.
Request for Minden District 6 ½ cent Maintenance Fund:
- Homeland Safety Systems to install Electronic Door Locks and keypads at E.S. Richardson Elementary School for $6,230.21 epr proposals 4902 and 4904.
- Jett Business Systems to install Electronic Door Locks and Badgepass Controllers on the newly installed inner office doors at Minden High School for $5,858.00.
- Ratify for payment invoice 1-118466395412 from Johnson Controls to repair the Minden High School chiller #1 unity for Safety Shutdown for $1,674.08.
- Johnson Controls to replace both Variable Speed Motor Drives on the Chilled water pumps at Minden High School for $15,266.14.
- E.S. Richardson Elementary School to purchase 1,600 Fuzzy Feet Chair Glides from Fuzzy Feet, LLC in the amount of $1,550.00.
- E.S. Richardson Elementary School to have the new science lab room painted by Scotty McCoy in the amount of $575.00.
Request for Sarepta Maintenance Fund:
- Homeland Safety Systems to install Electronic Door locks and keypads at North Webster Junior High School for $9,253.81 as per proposals 4901 and 4903.
Shongaloo Building Fund
- North Webster Lower Elementary School to purchase an ice machine from Cannon Services for $5,682.38.
A special meeting of the Webster Parish School Board will be held on Monday, August 15, 2022 at Minden High School. The purpose of the meeting is to hear from Webster Parish Sheriff Jason Parker. The public will be able to ask questions concerning school safety. There will also be a time for the public to ask questions.
The next meeting of the Webster Parish School Board will be held on Monday, September 12, 2022 at the Webster Parish School Board Office at 6:00 pm. The meetings are open to the public as required by law.