October WPSB Meeting Wrap-Up
Written by Mark Chreene on October 13, 2020
On the first day back from Fall Break, the members of the Webster Parish School Board met for their October meeting. A number of expenditures were approved:
Consolidated 3 Maintenance Fund
- Gentry & Holder Floors, Inc. to screen and recoat the entire varsity gym floor at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $2,796.50.
- Ground Work of Louisiana to refinish the practice gym at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $1,850.00.
- Approval to purchase multiple pieces of equipment from Amazon for cheerleaders at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $1,355.75.
- Approval for Change Order #2 for the Gymnasium Improvements to Central Elementary School to replace existing doors and hardware and paint existing gym doors. The amount of change to contract is $8,038.85.
- Approval of Invoice #251342 payable to BMS, LLC in the amount of $5,230.00 for Covid-19 sickroom partitions at Central Elementary School.
Requests for District 6 ½ Cent Sales Tax Fund
- Approval for Ground Work of Louisiana to refinish the gym floor at Minden High School in the amount of $2,620.00.
- Ratify approval of fire alarm repairs at Minden High School Invoice #74952 by Lone Star Communications in the amount of $5,842.50.
- Ratify approval of Upper A-Wing AHU motor replacement at Minden High School by Johnson Controls in the amount of $1,591.20
- Ratify approval of TXV Controls repair at Webster Junior High School field house Invoice #5950 from Mechanical Cooling Services for $1,350.00.
Requests for Doyline Maintenance Fund
- Approval of Change Order #2 to Improvements to Doyline High School Demo an existing and add an aluminum canopy at the gymnasium egress door in the amount of $3,063.84.
- Ratify approval of Invoice #2017-1737 from Abatement Services for asbestos removal in the gym restrooms at Doyline High School in the amount of $2,300.00.
- Ratify approval of invoices #5641 and 5641A for Outside Air Machine repair at Doyline High School by Mechanical Cooling Services for $1,750.00 and $1,095.00, a total of $2,845.00.
- Approval of Innovative Lawn Works to over seed baseball and softball fields at Doyline High School in the amount of $3,200.00.
Requests for Springhill Maintenance Fund
- Approval of Brown Upper Elementary School to purchase from Detel Computer Solutions two desktop computers for the office and four laptops for teachers in the amount of $8,738.00.
- Approval for Fences by Craig to replace hurricane damaged fencing and areas for track and field on south side of stadium not currently contained by fence at North Webster High school in the amount of $17,730.00
- Approval for Mechanical Cooling Services to replace a 5-ton gas package HVAC unit at Browning Elementary School cafeteria in the amount of $9,500.00.
The Board also:
- Gave approval to advertise for sealed bids for the New Multipurpose Building at Minden High School.
- Ratified approval of asbestos sampling for preconstruction at Richardson Elementary School by Altec Environmental in the amount of $666.22 using Minden School Building Fund.
- Approved fiscal year 2020-2021 Salary Schedules.
Mr. Rodney Taylor of Taylor and Sons recognized Mrs. Sarah Bailey, Assistant Data Collection at the Central Office as October Employee of the Month.
In the Superintendent’s Report, Superintendent Johnny Rowland thanked all of the employees for all they have done Covid related and stated that unofficially the Webster Parish School System enrollment is down 118 students from 2019-2020 school year.
The next meeting of the Webster Parish School Board will be held on Monday, November 2nd at 6:00 pm.