Webster Parish Police Jury Meeting Recap
Written by Mark Chreene on June 3, 2020
For the third straight month, the Webster Parish Police Jury met via teleconference as some members were still not in attendance at the Courthouse Annex for Tuesday’s meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury. It was the final day for the Secretary-Treasurer, as Ronda Carnahan, who has served in the position since 2005, is retiring after more than 29 total years of service to the Parish. With Carnahan’s retirement, the Jury voted to appoint Lisa Balkom as Secretary-Treasurer and appointed Alicia Owens as Assistant Secretary-Treasurer for the remainder of the two year term ending January 4, 2022. In other business Tuesday, the Jury:
- Approved Resolution 005-2020 and amended Resolution 002-2020 granting Signature authority for Lisa Balkom and Alicia Owens for the remainder of the two year term ending January 4, 2022.
- Approved the legal journal and Publication Journals for the year July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021: Minden Press-Herald as Journal and Springhill Press and News as Publication Journal.
- Approved request of 20 days of leave for Ronda Carnahan.
- Approved Village of Dixie Inn for cleaning of ditch at intersection of Shell Street and Front Street, repairing of natural drain on village property under municipality funding.
- Approved Teddy Holloway to advertise for fuel bids.
- Approved speed limit changes on Baker Road to 45 MPH end to end and Sandhill Road 45 MPH end to end.
- Approved Financial statement, bank reconciliation and check register for April 2020
- Presented financial statement, Bank Reconciliation and check register for May 2020 to be approved at the July meeting.
The next meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury is scheduled for Tuesday, July 7th.