Three Seniors Sign Letters of Intent at MHS Signing Day
Written by Mark Chreene on February 6, 2020
Three seniors at Minden High School will be moving on to play on Saturdays after signing their letters of intent on Wednesday. Seniors Bobbie Britton, Seth Johnson, and Jadarrius Winans all made their announcement Wednesday afternoon at the Minden High Cafeteria.
- Bobbie Britton announced his signing at Dodge City Community College in Dodge City, Kansas. Britton, a 3 year starter at Linebacker, finished his Minden High Career as the 2nd all time leading tackler with 263 tackles over those three years, trailing on Anthony Douglas on the all-time list at 284.
- Seth Johnson announced his signing to play just a little north of Minden at Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia, Arkansas. Johnson was a 2-year starter at Minden High at Wide Receiver, having a breakout season in 2019 with 39 receptions for 679 yards and 9 touchdowns. His career totals were 64 receptions for 1,163 yards and 9 touchdowns. Johnson also totaled 128 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing over 2 years, as well.
- Jadarrius Winans announced his signing to play at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas. Winans was a 3-year starter at Offensive Tackle for the Crimson Tide, helping them average 300 yards of offense per game in 2019.
While those three seniors were highlighted at Wednesday’s signing day, other seniors at Minden had productive seasons as well.
- Gavin Jackson (PK) finished his career at MHS as the all-time leader in extra point attempts made (89), extra points attempted (95) and extra point percentage (92.6%)
- Lieric Robinson (RB) finished his career at MHS 7th in rushes (349), 9th in rushing yards (1,911), 7th in rushing touchdowns (23…1 of only 10 players in MHS history to have over 20 career rushing TDs.), 9th in rushing yards per game (86.9 yards), and tied for 12 in total career touchdowns (30). Robinson also broke the single game rushing touchdown record with 6 against Franklin Parish in 2019.
As a team Minden High set several records in 2019.
- 540 yards of total offense against Franklin Parish was the 3 most yards gained all time.
- 60 points scored against Franklin Parish was the 1st time Minden scored 60 points in a game since 1932